Healthcare Access Coordinator Job Description:
Ingersoll Gender Center is one of our nation’s oldest organizations by and for transgender and gender non-conforming communities. As we celebrate our fortieth year in 2017 we are excited to begin expanding our Healthcare Access Project. Currently, we support transgender and gender nonconforming people in finding gender affirming healthcare and navigating insurance difficulties. Additionally, we manage a large group of healthcare providers that are committed to educating each other on the best approaches to care and how to remove barriers our communities face.
To begin expanding the work, Ingersoll Gender Center is looking to bring on a Healthcare Access Coordinator. Our Healthcare Access Coordinator will join a team working to support transgender and gender nonconforming folks looking for gender affirming care, support our growing healthcare provider consult groups and manage our healthcare provider database.
This will be a part time position based in our office in Capitol Hill. We are committed to bringing on a Healthcare Access Coordinator that we can support both in this position and their next position in the community. We are committed to investing in emerging leaders in our communities. While we don’t emphasis qualifications we do outline some experiences we think will help our Healthcare Access Coordinator be successful in their position.
Think you may be the amazing human we’re looking for? Take a look down below for the experiences we’re looking for, the responsibilities of the role, compensation and how to apply. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
- no phone calls please.
- - Experience in navigating the healthcare system to find gender affirming care; preferably first hand experience.
- - Experience in communicating with collaborators with varying perspectives and interests.
- - Managing larger projects that span multiple months.
- - Using Google Suite products and basic data entry tools.
- - Support transgender and gender nonconforming folks navigating barriers to care; respond to community request for support in finding gender affirming healthcare providers and navigating insurance difficulties.
- - Support the Washington Academy of Transgender Health and the Ingersoll Healthcare Provider Consult Group; coordinating with remote participants supporting monthly meetings with set up and tech trouble shooting, scheduling guest speakers, providing resources, managing the consult listserv and researching referral requests.
- - Coordinate the management of our healthcare provider database.
- - Support Executive Director with grant writing and data collection to expand Ingersoll’s Healthcare Access Project.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position will pay $15.00 an hour and will generally be 3-5 hours a week from the hopeful August 1st start date until the end of 2017. Some weeks may be more some may be less but in total you can expect to work no more than 100 hours from August 1st to the end of 2017.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to via email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please share with us your passion and/or connection to our mission, your experiences in finding gender affirming healthcare and what you hope to learn from this position.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but application review will begin on July, 24th 2017.
Ingersoll Gender Center is an equal opportunity employer. Ingersoll does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender identity or presentation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, immigration status, and the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in employment, volunteer opportunities or services rendered.