Ingersoll Gender Center is one of our nation’s oldest organizations by and for transgender and gender non-conforming communities. As we look towards our 41st year of working in our communities we are excited to continue building our work and expand our impact in 2018. We are excited to announce that we are hiring a part-time Operations and Programs Assistant to take on important pieces of our current work and support our growing team and programs.
We strive to be intentional in our hiring processes; each time we’re able to expand our staff we see it as an opportunity to interrupt the cycles of economic injustice that bar our communities from accessing employment, building skills and investing in the leadership development of our own communities. With that in mind, we prioritize applicants that have first hand experience in navigating the oppressive systems that trans people face.
We’re on the look out for an organized, systems minded person that can help support our organization as we grow. Think you may be the amazing human we’re looking for? Take a look down below at what you can expect from our workspace and team, the experiences we’re looking for, the responsibilities of the role, compensation and benefits and how to apply. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org - no phone calls please.
What you can expect from our work space and team:
- - Our current space is in the Gay City building at 517 E Pike. You must use stairs to access our space but there is a lift available should you need assistance. You will have your own desk and computer but will work in an open office setting.
- - We are an unapologetically trans led organization. There is no one way to be trans and we work with and support trans folks of all different genders, sexual orientations, races, ages, abilities, etc. We are looking for folks who will add to our rich understanding of trans identities and challenge privileged perspectives on gender and trans identity.
- - While we have ambitious goals and a serious focus on implementing our mission to achieve our vision we encourage proactive self care - sometimes that looks like office dance parties or lunch time neighborhood food adventures. We expect folks to actively work to get their needs met and communicate when they need support.
Desired Experiences and Skills:
- - A demonstrated commitment to our mission, vision and values.
- - Experience in and/or working with transgender and gender nonconforming communities.
- - Ability to speak, read, and write in English; strong candidates may have additional languages skills.
- - Experience in and/or working with queer and trans communities of color.
- - Experience supporting and working with people navigating trauma and/or in crisis.
- - Strong racial and social justice analysis.
- - First hand experience with the barriers our communities face.
- - Experience with financial management; experience with book keeping and organizational finances a plus but not required.
- - Experience organizing systems and resources of groups or organizations.
- - Experience with operations and/or finance tasks for an organization or group with a justice focus and/or values.
- - Experience in communicating with collaborators with varying perspectives and interests.
- - Experience using Google Suite, iWork and Microsoft Office, Quickbooks products and basic data entry tools.
- - Support the Executive Director with financial data entry and basic book keeping tasks
- - Support Executive Director with human resources and operations tasks.
- - Support Executive Director with development and fundraising tasks.
- - Support Executive Director with Board Management tasks.
- - Support program team in ensuring data entry is done in a timely and correct manner.
- - Support staff with maintaining of databases.
- - Support with office management, maintaining and order new supplies.
- - Collaborate with other staff to ensure organizational goals are met.
- - Support in building and maintaining positive relationships with key community and organizational partners.
Compensation and Benefits:
- - This is a part time position that is expected to work 20 hours a week at $20/hour mostly during 9-5 business hours. Some weekend and evening hours may occur.
- - We provide excellent, 100% employer paid, healthcare. At this time we don’t cover any additional dependent healthcare premiums but employees are able to add dependents to our healthcare plans via payroll deductions.
- - A serious investment in your professional development which may include identifying mentors, attending national conferences and an organizational commitment to supporting you in identifying professional development goals and achieving them.
- - Additional language skills will be considered when negotiating compensation.
- - Generous vacation time package provided on a prorated basis in addition to paid sick and safe leave.
- - Employer paid annual ORCA Transit passes are available upon request.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter (no longer than two typed pages, size 12 font), a resume (no longer than two typed pages, size 12 font) and two professional references (including phone numbers and email address they can be reached at) to our Executive Director, Karter, via email at email@example.com. Use “Operations and Programs Assistant Application - Your name” in the subject line. In your cover letter please share with us your passion and/or connection to our mission and values, your experience in handling operations and/or finance tasks within a justice focused group, your history working with transgender and gender nonconforming communities and what you hope to learn from this position.
- The interview process will consist of at least two interviews with 3-5 Ingersoll representatives at each interview.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but application review will begin on February 22nd, 2018.
Ingersoll Gender Center is an equal opportunity employer. Ingersoll does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender identity or presentation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, immigration status, and the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in employment, volunteer opportunities or services rendered. Transgender, gender nonconforming, gender diverse, intersex and two-spirit people are highly encouraged to apply.